For one of our client located in the Walloon Brabant, we are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced BioInformatics Data Analyst.
Do you have a Ph.D. or M.S.?
Do you have 1 to 3 years of relevant experiences in bioinformatics or a similar discipline ?
Are you bilingual French/English (oral and written)?
If this applies to you, don't hesitate to contact us and/or send your CV!
As bioinformatics data analyst you will be responsible for the implementation and development of genomics (and other ‘omics’) data systems and is accountable for executing basic to sophisticated data management tasks and for developing sound bioinformatics methods and solutions. The successful applicant needs to possess proficient analytical problem-solving capabilities, experience with genomic data, and strong scientific software analysis and development skills. A strong willingness to learn.
- You are responsible to provide overall expertise regarding genomic data and related processes
- You collect and harmonize all genomic data generated
- You post on and release genomic data from public data depositories (e.g. EGA, TCGA, …) for data sharing
- You apply state of the art bioinformatics methods and develop new analytical tools to perform genomic data analysis
- You participate in research projects as part of the Translational research team and in collaboration with clinical scientists and clinical study teams
- You develop specific R or Python code for genomic data preparation, analysis and sharing
- You publish R or python package to present at conferences or other venues
- You ensure successful and timely completion of assigned deliverables
- You suggest process improvements where appropriate
- You have a Ph.D. or M.S. with at least 1 to 3 years of relevant experiences in bioinformatics or a similar discipline with a strong focus on bioinformatics methods and algorithms development
- You have a strong interest in biological data analysis and scientific software development
- You have proven experience with manipulating genomic data including NGS (VCF files, plink, and bam files) and willingness to learn more platforms (WES, methylation, protein expression,…)
- You have a deep knowledge of genomic data analysis and bioinformatics tools and ability to develop new bioinformatics methods to provide solutions
- You have proficiency in R or Python or willingness to learn and improve knowledge in both languages
- You have knowledge of other languages, such as Java or C/C++ would also be an advantage
- You are able to understand scientific questions
- You are flexible, calm under pressure, highly communicative, and comfortable taking ownership in ambiguous situations
- You are Well organized, open-minded, and able to work on different projects in parallel
- You have excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- You have the capacity to explain complex technical details in clear and plain language
+32 2 588 16 07