To support the recruitment of one of our clientsin located in the Walloon Brabant, we are actively looking for a Clinical Epidemiologist.
- Are you a Medical Doctor, a Pharmacist with an additional Master’s Degree in Medical Sciences and Public Health (or an equivalent postgraduate qualification in Epidemiology) or a PhD Epidemiologist in infectious diseases and/ or vaccine-related epidemiology?
- Do you have a first successful experience in project management of epidemiological studies within a pharmaceutical company?
- Are you fluent in English?
Then you are the new colleague we are looking for! Read more and apply as soon as you can!
As a Clinical Epidemiologist, you contribute significantly to the development of a worldwide epidemiological strategy and research plan to accomplish Vaccines strategic programs. You develop and disseminate information that helps advance understanding of the impact and burden of disease (including disease frequency, co-morbidity; outcomes; high risk groups; utilization of services; and disease natural history and trends)
- You coordinate and implement epidemiological activities and critical studies for product development and access in line with the company's Vaccines strategic programs
- You finalize medical plans and regulatory post approval plans for late development and life cycle products and you finalize global Epi plan for early products
- You bring epidemiologic expertise and methodology to influence across phases of vaccine development in one or more vaccine/disease areas
- You provide epidemiologic consultation at project & access/medical plan team level
- You manage the internal presentation of the company's position on epidemiologic issues and effectively represent the company to external stakeholders, including regulatory authorities, international bodies, and key scientific opinion leaders
- You are responsible for the information provided in safety and regulatory documents regarding epidemiological data
- You review in-house publications
- You lead the design & conduct of epidemiological studies/projects in collaboration with clinical operations
- You plan and coordinate scientific dissemination of epidemiological data, in consultation with internal & external stakeholders
- You work effectively with the clinical development & access team to communicate about disease occurrence, disease understanding, payer evidence, risk management plan, and safety issues based on reviews of available literature and/or new studies
- You contribute to the communication efforts to support a product or a relevant therapeutic area, including internal presentations and papers, scientific presentations, and interactions with Advisory Boards, academic experts, and regulatory authorities
- You participate in task forces/capabilities framework/working groups, development of policies/SOP/guidance’s related to epidemiological activities assists with Internal adaptation of procedures & policies related to biomedical research with a focus on epidemiological research to guarantee compliance with international regulations Partners externally with international initiatives (including Public Private Partnership)
- You are a Medical Doctor, a Pharmacist with an additional Master’s Degree in Medical Sciences and Public Health (or an equivalent postgraduate qualification in Epidemiology) or a PhD Epidemiologist in infectious diseases and/ or vaccine-related epidemiology
- You have a first successful experience in project management of epidemiological studies at major pharmaceutical companies
- An experience in a vaccine company is a strong asset
- You have an excellent knowledge of the epidemiological research including post-authorization regulatory commitments (previous specific training is a plus)
- You followed training in infectious disease epidemiology/public health
- A training in vaccinology and pharmaco-epidemiology are a plus such as having experience in conducting post authorization safety study and/or impact/effectiveness studies
- You have a first experience in the preparation and the implementation of epidemiological projects in Africa
- You have a first experience in writing protocols, in driving epidemiological studies, in interpretation of complex data, in presentation at scientific congresses and in writing scientific papers.
- You followed a training about the principles of epidemiologic study design, conduct, and quantitative analytical methods used for epidemiological studies
- You have strong skills in international health with the ability to effectively work on projects implemented in developing countries
- You have the ability to review the statistical and epidemiological literature to identify appropriate methodology to achieve research goals
- You are self-motivated with the ability to effectively work independently and in a team, and to develop credibility with colleagues within and outside Global Epidemiology
- You have the ability to resolve problems through resourceful use of information and contacts
- You can understand and interpret scientific methods and information and communicate data's to both scientific and lay audiences, in written and presentation formats
- You have strong skills in using statistical tools and database software, as well as proficiency in collating and analyzing epidemiologic data
- You have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- You are a problem-solver
- You have the ability to handle a high degree of change in priority projects.
- You have the ability to work well within a global and matrix environment, balance priorities and handle multiple tasks through good planning, project administration, and organization skills.
- You are fluent in english.