For one of our clients in East-Flanders, we are urgently looking for an experienced Medical science liaison Oncology, who is fluent in French, since you will cover the French part of Belgium.
It is a product that will be launched next year, previous oncology launch experience is therefore considered as an asset.
Interested to find out more? Don't hesitate to contact us!
The MSL is a member of the affiliate medical department. He/she is a field-based professional with scientific, clinical and therapeutic area expertise who is responsible for supporting, on a non-promotional basis, medical and scientific initiatives for our client's product.
The MSL works in coordination with the rest of the medical unit to meet the medical department objectives. He/she participates in the identification of local opportunities, using his/her network of contacts, knowledge of therapeutic areas and health characteristics of the population in each area. Consequently, the MSL has responsibility in the development and implementation of the scientific activities and the clinical plan.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant scientific information on oncology field (by performing literature searches, participation in medical congresses and conferences of relevance to disease and therapeutic area interests)
- Disseminate this knowledge as appropriate to HCPs in response to requests, in accordance with applicable laws
- Proactively provide fair, balanced and transparent medical and scientific exchange in disease area management
- Current and potential sources of clinical and scientific expertise (known experts, rising stars etc)
- Current and potential principal investigators, speakers
- Informational needs of individual TLs/HCPs
- Need for scientific information in disease area and therapy of individual TLs/HCPs. Identification and initiation of opportunities to fulfil these needs
- Identify and invite TL and appropriately qualified HCP participation in Advisory Boards
- Identify opportunities to inform TLs and HCPs in oncology
- Organise and participate in the distribution and presentation of non-promotional materials
- Provide scientific and medical content for, and participate in, the preparation and delivery of presentations by TLs and HCPs speaking on behalf of our client in educational programs and at other meetings
- Support internal medical review and facilitate processing of unsolicited Externally Sponsored Study (ESS) requests
- Proactively support HCPs and our client's Clinical Operations Departments in evaluating potential clinical research sites and investigators for Sponsored Studies
- Ensure that all activities within his territory are undertaken in accordance with all company SOPs, policies, directives and relevant national guidelines
- Biomedical, Scientific University education ideally to post-graduate degree level -e.g. MSc, PhD, MD, PharmD
- Medical/paramedical Practice or Research career (hospital and/or hospital related, university research, pharmaceutical industry research or medical affairs)
- Ideally proven experience and successful track record as an MSL or medical department professional in a previous company
- Language: Expert/fluent communicator in Dutch or French and excellent knowledge of written and spoken scientific English
- Working knowledge of the relevant Code of Practice
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated success in the Oncology marketplace as MSL
- Oncology launch experience
- Demonstrated skills at building and maintaining professional relationships with key customers, office staff and others in the customer influence network
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in matrix teams
015 21 11 04