For one of our clients, a CRO, we are urgently looking for an experienced Clinical Project Manager that can start up studies in Infectious and in Muscular Diseases. This for a period of minimum 4 months.
- Are you an experienced Clinical Project Manager?
- Can you take the lead in global programs with regional PM's?
- Are you available soon?
Then you might be the perfect match! We would also be happy to collaborate with freelance PM's.
- The Senior Project Manager (Sr. PM) provides leadership to a cross-functional/ multi-national team in the execution of the clinical research projects. He/ she contributes significantly in the proposal development process, the development of budgets and related documents as well as the strategic planning and execution of bid defence meetings.
- The Sr. PM has demonstrated capabilities to function in a leadership role among PMs, is able to lead in global programs with Regional PMs and manage the most complex studies.
- The Sr. PM develops and manages the overall study planning and implementation and is the primary liaison between the sponsor, the project team, and the different vendors participating in the study throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- The Sr. PM performs general supervision of the project and liaises with the coordinating team member of the different departments involved in the execution of the project in order to ensure the assigned trial is conducted in accordance to the contract and in compliance with i) the applicable regulatory requirements, ii) the pre-defined procedures, iii) the applicable quality standards, and iv) the mutually accepted timelines.
- It is the responsibility of the Sr. PM to manage the project as such that the sponsor’s expectations are met within the constraints of the budget allotted to the project. The Sr. PM works pro-actively with project team members to identify potential issues that might impact the execution of the project and/or the budget in any way and provides contingencies to accommodate the needs of the assigned project.
- The Senior PM shall provide mentorship to junior Project Managers (PMs) and Associate Project Managers (APMs), as well as to new team members during the on-boarding process. In addition, the Sr. PM is expected to effectively and independently manage critical internal and external stakeholders, adeptly managing risks and challenges through various stages (identification, management, mitigation, escalation, resolution). In these areas, the Sr. PM is able to function with relative independence while keeping the critical stakeholders informed.
You report to the Head of International Project Manager, Europe or USA and are responsible for:
- Project accountability
- Provide mentorship to other PM's and Assistant PM's
- Manage and develop trial documentation
- Sales and business development activities
- Budget and contract coordination
- Coaching and training of new PM's
- Follow up on audit findings
(a more detailed job description is available upon request)
- Demonstrated capability and experience as a Project Manager within the domain of clinical research in a pharmaceutical or biotech company or another CRO, commensurate with the requirements of the position both in leadership and execution of complex, global programs across multiple therapeutic indications.
- Minimum of 4-year University / College degree in science area or nursing)
- Equally recognized degree and/or relevant qualifications by experience may also be acceptable and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken). Any other language is an asset.
- Good knowledge of MS Office and MS Project
- Good knowledge of ICH/GCP
- The employee has to demonstrate excellent skills in:
- Strong problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Strong organizational skills to cope with multi-tasking which result in a goal-oriented approach without losing the attention to details.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Stress resistant and a strong team player with the ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to handle troublesome situations and to think ahead with a problem- solving and decisive attitude.
- Good people management skills:
- Strong communicator with the ability to set clear performance oriented objectives and to use persuasive strategies
- Ability to lead and to encourage a team, to anticipate and to refocus if necessary
- Exemplary presentation and writing skills.
- Positive, constructive and professional attitude towards colleagues, team members and sponsors
- Ability to adapt to changing situations focusing on the needs, goals and priorities of the organization.
- Willing to travel (domestic and international) as needed.
015 21 11 04