The Company complies with all applicable Data Protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”). To comply with its obligations, the Company applies the Data Protection Principles which are set out in the applicable legislation. In summary, these principles state that personal data shall be:
- Processed fairly and lawfully and shall not be processed unless certain conditions are met.
- Obtained for specified and lawful purposes and not further processed in a manner incompatible with that purpose.
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Accurate and where necessary up-to-date.
- Kept for no longer than necessary.
- Processed in accordance with data subjects' rights.
- Protected by appropriate security.
- Not transferred without adequate protection.
Definition of Data Protection Terms
Data is information which is stored electronically, on a computer, or in certain paper-based filing systems. This would include IT systems and CCTV systems.
Data subjects for the purpose of this policy include all living individuals about whom Company holds personal data.
Personal data means data relating to a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from that data and other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of the data controller). Personal data can be factual (such as a name, address or date of birth) or it can be an opinion (such as a performance appraisal).
Data controllers are the individuals or organisations who control and are responsible for the keeping and use of data.
Data users include employees whose work involves using personal data. Data users have a duty to protect the information they handle by following Company’s data protection and security policies at all times.
Processing means performing any operation or set of operations on data, including:
- obtaining, recording or keeping data,
- collecting, organising, storing, altering or adapting the data,
- retrieving, consulting or using the data,
- disclosing the information or data by transmitting, disseminating or otherwise making it available,
- aligning, combining, blocking, erasing or destroying the data.
Sensitive personal data includes information about a person's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health or condition or sexual life, criminal convictions or the alleged commission of an offence. Sensitive personal data can only be processed under strict conditions, and will usually require the express consent of the person concerned.
The Company is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. If you choose to engage our services, the Company will ask you to provide the following personal data:
Contact and identifying information – Your name, email address, phone number(s) and mailing address
Résumé and employment information – Your job history, skills, education, employment requirements, and references:
- Optional information – Any additional information you may choose to provide to aid in your job placement or related to a job opening; and
- The Company also collects data through cookies, as described below under “Cookies Notice”. This information helps us better understand, personalize, and improve the experience of visiting the Company website.
If you are under the age of eighteen (18), please do not provide us any personal information on this website.
The Company takes care to protect the security of the personal information you provide on our website. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) data encryption for all data transmissions over the Internet, and we ask you to create a robust password for your account (if account creation is available). This helps prevent unauthorized access to our systems. We store and maintain your information in a secure server environment where appropriate physical, technical and administrative security measures are strictly adhered to. We also limit access to personally-identifiable information to only those employees who need access in order to carry out their job responsibilities.
Use of Personal Data
The Company does not sell or rent personal information to third parties and will not disclose your personal information to a third party without your permission unless if required by law. When we request your personal information, the Company will always specify how we intend to use it, and we will not use it for any other purpose without your consent.
In general, the Company uses and processes your personal information for the following necessary business functions:
- When you submit a form on our website we create a record of your information so that we can ensure proper follow up and support you in your search for qualified talent and services, or job placement.
- Communicate with you directly: Company staff may contact you to answer your questions, inform you of job postings, share best practices and to provide any other information that you may have requested.
- Enable prospective employers to get to know you: Company may disclose your information (qualifications, salary requirements, employment history, etc.) to interested employers so they can match your talents with their specific needs.
- Support legal requirements: the Company may disclose your information to legal authorities in cases involving threats to personal safety, fraud and other suspected or actual illegal activities.
- Transfer business ownership: If the Company or any of our subsidiaries is sold to another company, your information may be included with the sale as part of our assets.
- The Company and its affiliates may use your personal data and other information collected through the website to help us improve the provision of services to you.
To use your information lawfully, we rely on one or more of the following legal bases:
- performance of a contract or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- legal obligation;
- protecting the vital interests of you or others;
- our legitimate interests; and
- your consent.
To meet our regulatory and legal obligations, we collect personal information, verify it, keep it accurate and up-to-date through regular reviews, and delete it once we no longer need or are required to keep it. We may also gather information about you from third parties to help us to place you on assignment. If you do not provide the information we need, or help us keep it accurate and up-to-date, we may not be able to provide you with our services.
Sometimes, the applicable legislation requires us to obtain your consent to use your personal information. With direct marketing for example, we need your consent to keep you informed of our news, industry trends, our services and assignment opportunities which may be of interest to you. We may do this by phone, post, email, text or through other digital media.
You can decide how much direct marketing you want to accept when you apply for our services.
If we ever contact you to get your feedback on ways to improve our services, you have the choice to opt out or if you wish to withdraw your consent to Marketing communications please email Valesta Communications.
When we use sensitive personal information about you, such as medical or biometric data, we ask for your consent. Before you give your consent, we tell you what information we collect and what we use it for. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
Transfer of Your Data
Your consent may be withdrawn at any stage as set out below. If you wish to request removal of your personal data from our records or withdraw consent to the processing or transfer of your personal data by the Company, please contact us by clicking here.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a piece of data about your visit, stored on your computer, which allows us to understand your visit and personalize your experience. A Cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. A cookie includes such information as the URL you came from, your computer’s IP address (the Internet address of your computer), which web pages you viewed on our site and any search terms you may have entered.
We use first party and third party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our website to operate, and we refer to these as "essential" or "strictly necessary" cookies. Other cookies enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our website. Third parties serve cookies through our website for analytics, personalization, and other purposes that may include advertising.
We may use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary Cookies. These are Cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website and to customize your account and news profile.
- Analytical/performance Cookies. These allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality Cookies. These Cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting Cookies. These Cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies.
To control your Cookie Settings you must configure your browser settings.
The third-party cookies we use on this website include analytics providers such as Google Analytics and Crazy Egg.
We have also engaged Crazy Egg to analyze the activities of visitors and test new designs on this website. You can learn more and opt-out of this usage by visiting: https://www.crazyegg.com/opt-out
We may use other third party cookies for analytics and advertising. You can contact us to learn more at firstname.lastname@example.org
What about other Tracking Technologies, like Web Beacons?
Cookies are not the only way to recognize or track visitors to a website. We may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons (sometimes called "tracking pixels" or "clear gifs"). These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has visited our Website [or opened an e-mail that we have sent them]. This allows us, for example, [to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our Websites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our Websites from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, to improve site performance, and to measure the success of e-mail marketing campaigns]. In many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly, and so declining cookies will impair their functioning.
The Company will retain your personal data only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations. You may request that your personal data be removed from our records, as set out below. If you have requested removal of your personal data from our records, the Company reserves the right to retain it in our files in some limited circumstances such as when such personal data may be necessary to honour your request to opt out of further communications, resolve disputes or comply with applicable statutory and financial retention requirements.
Updating Personal Information
To ensure that Company staff and prospective employers can connect with you, please try to keep your personal information up to date in our system. If you need to update or correct any inaccuracies please contact your Company Recruiter.
If you have specific privacy concerns about this website, or with regards to submitting information to the Company, please contact us by clicking here.