Valesta is looking for 2 business development associates, one for the Dutch market, and one for the Belgian market.
The goal is to grow Valesta's market position by identifying and developing business opportunities, new clients and negotiating and closing business deals. This will be done from the Valesta Mechelen office.
Valesta is an expert in life science recruiting and project staffing. We specialise in connecting pharmaceutical, clinical research, biotech and medical device organisations with highly talented and skilled professionals. Looking for the perfect match is what we do, every day!
1. New business development:
- Map market potential and categorize clients based on their sales potential
- Identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions, using knowledge of the market and competitors
- Cold call to ensure a pipeline of opportunities
- Prospect for potential new clients (pharmaceutical, medical device, biotech companies) and turn this into increased business using and building your professional network
- Prospect to re-activate “sleeping” clients
- Identify the decision makers within the client organization
- Build long-term relationship with new clients
- Participate in pricing the solution / service offered
- Facilitate, coordinate and actively participate in the contracting phase with new customers
- Complete RFI (Request for Information) or RFQ (Request for Quotation) in a timely manner
2. Client retention:
- Present new services and enhance existing relationships
- When required, provide commercial support to the Valesta operational team for business development opportunities at existing customers.
- Gather feedback about what existing clients think about Valesta’s current services and inquire about their future needs and wishes
- Where appropriate, facilitate, coordinate and actively participate in the renewal of Master Service Agreements with existing customers.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Marketing or Business or equivalent through experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in the outsourcing of clinical research professionals
- Learning oriented
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Fluency in Dutch and English is a must. Working knowledge of French is a plus